CUSTOMIZED ITINERARY TO GREECE
CUSTOMIZED ITINERARY TO GREECE
Greece: the dream destination for everyone! The gorgeous blue waters of the Aegean make it almost impossible for a traveler not to visit Greece at least once in his life. Although, I can assure you that people keep returning to Greece because there is that one more historical site they missed last time or one more beach they wanted to visit but didn’t have the time, or just because they had such a great time that they decided to do it all over again. Either way, you can never go wrong with visiting Greece!
“It sounds like Greek to me!”
“It sounds like Greek to me”–is probably one of the most common expressions that native English speakers use when something is unclear to them, especially in the United States. Yes, the Greek language is one-of-a-kind and hard to learn and not all Greeks speak English, so they are unable to help you with information on how to get around. Also, and unfortunately again, there are still Greek websites with intercity bus info or other local info that are either outdated or only published in Greek, which makes it almost impossible for you to use.
Does it sound like Greek to you? No worries, Silviya from Custom Trip will put a customized itinerary for your visit to Greece, so once in the country, you will feel fluent in Greek, because every detail will be taken care of + additional tips!
A SAMPLE CUSTOMIZED ITINERARY TO GREECE BEGINS WITH FILLING OUT THE CONTACT FORM
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- The purpose of your trip: for the sake of our sample itinerary, which by the way could easily be used in real life /take advantage, this one is free :)/ I would say that most people are interested in visiting the Parthenon in Athens, the Museum of Athens, few other ruins, Delphi, then off to the beaches
- Departure and Return Cities: Chicago, IL, USA
- Country to visit: Greece
- Cities to visit in Greece: Athens, Delphi, + 1 island (The Greek islands are not too big, and because I can customize anything and everything for you, I will count the island as additional city)
- First day of your trip: May 15th, 2018
- Last day of your trip: May 22nd, 2018
- The available budget for this trip in USD: it is good to mention how many people are traveling with you if you’re not traveling alone. So, for the purpose of our sample customized itinerary, I will put down that 2 adults are traveling together and the available budget is: $4000
A CUSTOMIZED ITINERARY TO GREECE LOOKS LIKE THIS…
Based on the details written in the contact form above I can tell you right away that the preparation of your customized itinerary to Greece will cost between $120-$135 depending on how many venues/museums/other places of interest you’d like to visit. You can see a break-out cost for creating a customized international itinerary under the cost menu.
- You are flying from Chicago, IL, USA to Athens, Greece on May 15th, 2018 and returning back to Chicago on May 22nd, 2018.
/Custom Trip is not a travel agency, so we don’t do any of the bookings for you–difference #1 between us and other travel agencies or customized travel itinerary businesses–we simply make two or three suggestions and allow you to choose/. So here are the options for flights: /
- Round-trip for 2 adults at cost of $554 p/person
- $657 p/person, which
Totals to $1,109 or $1,314 for two round-trip tickets.
Links for actual purchases/payments will be provided ONLY for PAID travel requests, and because this is a sample customized itinerary to Greece I am just giving you the final cost.
- Now, you have arrived in Athens and it’s time to catch-up on missed airplane sleep, clean-up and start exploring. Based on the information above you will be returning to Chicago on May 22nd, so that leaves you 6 nights in Greece.
Here’s where customization helps again because you can choose /email us or mention in the planning form/ how many nights would you like to spend at each place or I can just make a suggestion like this: “…based on the information you have given us, we suggest you spend days 1 and 2 in Athens, day 3 in Delphi, Days 4,5 and 6 on a Greek island…” That makes 3 nights in Athens and 3 nights on an island. Not bad, right?
Suggestions for accommodation based on your dates and available budget:
- Staying in an apartment just for you two, for three nights, a total price between $128-$150 /we always recommend places that are safe, secure and perfect location for tourists/
- Staying at a BestWestern Hotel for $46 p/night = $140ish after taxes
THE BEST PART STARTS HERE!
Now that you have landed safely, have found your accommodation and settled in, it’s time to start exploring the beautiful city of Athens!
WE ARE DIFFERENT THAN OTHER CUSTOMIZED ITINERARY BUSINESSES BECAUSE WE ALWAYS PROVIDE LOGISTICS FOR OUR CLIENTS! IN A REAL PAID CUSTOMIZED ITINERARY, WE WILL PROVIDE POSSIBLE OPTIONS FOR TRANSPORTATION FROM ANYWHERE TO EVERYWHERE!
- Let’s start your trip by suggesting that you visit the Acropolis Museum first. Working hours of the museum are as follows: Monday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (last admission: 3:30 p.m.); Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (last admission: 7:30 p.m.); Friday 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (last admission: 9:30 p.m.); Saturday/Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (last admission: 7:30 p.m.) and the cost of the ticket is 5 euro p/person bought at the museum. The museum will take you about 2 hours, no photography allowed and no backpacks. They have limited number of lockers on the side.
- From there, if you go early enough at the museum, you will have enough time to visit the Acropolis Hill and the most famous places of all in Greece: The Parthenon. It is right across the street from the Acropolis Museum. It is open daily as follows: Monday 11AM-7:30 PM; the rest of the week is open 8AM-7: 30 PM. The admission fee is 12 euro p/person (6 euro reduced price for students and people 65+) BUT in that same ticket, valid for 7 days, are included also: The New Acropolis Museum, Ancient Agora, Agora Museum, Kerameikos Museum, The Temple of Zeus, Roman Agora, and all ruins located on the South Slope of the Acropolis. All within walking distance and easy to locate.
Best way to get around Athens is by using public transportation. It costs 9 euro to buy a 5-day ticket valid for all methods of city transportation: buses, metro, trams. There is a flat rate of 35-48 euro (depending on the time of the day) for a taxi to take you from Athens International Airport to the city center, usually Syntagma Square.
That will definitely cover your two days in Athens. Once done there, it’s time to visit Delphi on day 3.
- The easiest way to visit Delphi is by bus and an organized tour. Viator.com has one of the best rates for that, about $120 p/person.
TIME FOR THE DREAMY GREEK ISLAND
Based on the information provided above, you would like to visit one Greek Island too. You can either tell us which one or we can suggest one, again, based on your stated available budget and available dates. Let’s plan a visit to Rhodes–Greece’s most beautiful and luxurious island.
- You can either take a ferry from Athens to Rhodes, which takes A LONG time or simply fly (about an hour flight).
Since flying is quicker and will save you time here are some costs of possible flights:
- Round-trip from Athens to Rhodes for $37 p/person
- Round-trip from Athens to Rhodes for $66 p/person
Include your luggage $25 p/checked bag up to 20kg-23kg each and keep in mind that your carry-on should be just a backpack. Total price: $124-$180 including luggage
Now that you have arrived in Rhodes it’s time to get you settled!
- Your own apartment with great view of the sea for 3 nights at total cost between $242-$288
- Hotel room for a price between $78-$113 p/night
Based on the information above I placed you in Rhodes City, which is the main destination on the island. You have, at your feet, supermarkets, restaurants, coffee shops, nightclubs, and gorgeous beaches are everywhere.
If you decide to see things while on the island, other than enjoying the marvelous beaches, I would suggest that you visit the following places:
- Colossus of Rhodes Statue–FREE
- Palace of the Grande Master /Old Town Rhodes City/–FREE
- Acropolis of Rhodes–no more than 10 euro p/person
- Archaeological Museum of Rhodes–no more than 10 euro p/person
- The Valley of the Butterflies–no more than 10 euro p/person
- Ancient Kamiros–no more than 10 euro p/person
- Aquarium of Rhodes–no more than 10 euro p/person
- Acropolis of Lindos–no more than 10 euro p/person
- Castle of Monolithos–no more than 10 euro p/person
…endless little gems await you on Rhodes. Although there are buses that serve the entire island, it is best to rent a car, as you will have the flexibility of choosing and going whenever and wherever. Rhodes has good infrastructure and cost of a rental car for three days, including insurance, will be about $100 including gas. Super worth it!
In a PAID itinerary, not a sample customized itinerary to Greece or anywhere else, we also suggest restaurants with local cuisine and local activities you can take part of.
Based on the duration of your trip, for 2 people, I would suggest planning on spending about 200 euros for food p/person /given you eat out all of the time and at restaurants, some of which are pricey/. But if you prefer a budget diet for a week, you can easily go with 200 euros worth of meals, for two people, for 7 days.
Based, again, on your stated available budget, all costs calculated by now + few extra euros included for unexpected expenses or museum fees, your entire trip, all included, will cost $3,000, which saves you $1000 that you can invest in another customized trip!
Here it is, your customized itinerary to Greece! I tried including as many details as possible, following few different scenarios in my mind, but the best part of customized itineraries is that no-two-are-alike. Again, upon specific request and PAID customized itinerary, I will provide all details + additional info, as well as free modifications and adjustments so that everything is perfect for an even greater trip!