RUTHERFORD WINE COMPANY — THE TRUE CALIFORNIA WINE
What’s the best way to meet new people or grow your network?
Well, some people spend hours on social media to do that while others go out to the bars at night. But we have found the best way to meet some of the greatest folks and most talented wine makers: WE ATTEND WINE FESTIVALS! And this is how our connection with the Rutherford Wine Company came to be!
There were nearly hundred wineries during the Session 3 Grand Tasting of the Nantucket Wine Festival’19 held on Sunday, May 19th. Wine makers from near and far came to offer the best of their wines along with wine stories and passion for the drink of the gods. And if there were nearly hundred wineries present, there were ten times more guests who came to enjoy the good wine and gourmet food. The Rutherford Wine Company table was located close to the entrance, so it was easy to spot them and even easier to remember them after tasting their Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir from the Scott Family Estate series.
A FAMILY OWNED WINE PASSED DOWN THROUGH GENERATIONS
The Scott Family Estate wines are named in honor of family’s grandfather on mother’s side — Raymond Scott. The family moved from Scotland to California during the Gold Rush years and the winery has been passed down through four generations to date. This wine series offers handcrafted wines that reflect the complexity and distinct flavors of the vineyard itself.
The winery and vineyards were established in 1978 and are located on the historic Silverado Trail in Napa Valley.
THE WINES OF RUTHERFORD WINE COMPANY
We all know that to grow great grapes we need great terroir, great knowledge and great care. The gentleman behind the Rutherford magic is Mr. Jay Turnipseed. He is also the one we had the privilege of personally meeting during the Nantucket Wine Festival ’19. He is the man behind the magic! And what was the magic you probably wonder?
CABERNET SAUVIGNON = MAGIC#1
“WE WOULD LIKE TO TASTE THE WINE THAT HAS AGED THE LONGEST IN A BARREL? — CUSTOM TRIP TEAM”
… this is all we asked when we stopped by the Rutherford Wine Company table at the wine festival and we were immediately offered to try the full bodied, fruity flavored, with a strong tannin taste Cabernet Sauvignon. Bloody thick red color that touches all taste buds in the mouth. A perfect wine for the perfect cheese! 🙂 The attractive label and bottle stand out among the ‘wine crowd’ and are as delightful as the wine itself.
PINOT NOIR = MAGIC#2
Every wine enthusiast and wine lover knows that the French Pinot Noir is usually heavy on the stomach, with a dark red color and its specific aromas. However, Mr. Turnipseed has discovered the true way to make a real Pinot Noir! (no worries we tried it too :0)) Younger wine, lighter color and taste, fresh aromas that easily gets absorbed by the body and with a lower level of alcohol (not much tannin) makes it the best wine for the longest consumption in one setting!
We could easily drink the Rutherford’s Pinot Noir daily and add some fresh summer style salad to it! 🙂
THE WINE FAMILY OF THE RUTHERFORD WINE COMPANY
Aside from the wonderful Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir, the Rutherford Wine Company has other equally good and unique in technology wines!
- The Rutherford Ranch series includes: Cabernet Sauvignon (available in reserve), Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay (available in reserve), Merlot
- The Two Range red wine has won awards for a best wine by the Wine Enthuasiast Magazine (2017), Wine Spectator (2017), Blue Lifestyle (2019) and the International Wine Competition (2018)
- The Predator Wines are “crafted with rich and deep fruit flavors along with distinctive oak characters” (Rutherford Wine Company). They are characterized with distinct flavor and award wining label design. The 2014 Old Vine Zinfandel (intense, full bodied wine with dark fruits, cherry and spice, supple tannins and generous structure allow for a long smoky finish) has been awarded a Gold Medal during the “Sakura” Japan Women’s Wine Awards 2016. The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon (vibrant aromas of blackberry, cherry and dark chocolate, with subtle notes of cinnamon and toasty oak) has been awarded a Double Gold Medal during the SF Chronicle Wine Competition 2019.
- The Four Virtues wine series have been created with the following in mind: “a distinctive style and quality unlike any other, a unique character of wine, an intense but no overpowering flavor, satisfying to the palate and intellect.” (Rutherford Wine Company) The 2016 Bourbon Barrel Aged Lodi Zinfandel has been featured in Times Record News, News-Press, Capital-Gazette, The Tennessean and The South Florida Reporter.
THE TWO SPECIAL WINES
- RHIANNON — divine flavors of bing cherry, sweet raspberry and vanilla. Rumors say that Rhiannon was a Goddess with power in Celtic mythology, characterized by change and steadfastness.
- ROUND HILL — fruit-forward wines crafted for the novices and experts alike. Crafted to be approachable and friendly. Fruit sourced from North Coast and Central Valley California vineyards. Distinctive packaging designed for high-impact shelf presence.
WHY RUTHERFORD WINE COMPANY WINES?
Let’s be honest! No body likes to eat food that has added hormones, pesticides and other bad for the health things. Rutherford Wine Company are unique in that and one in few who offer wines produced in “passive, non-invasive vineyard practices — like natural predation — limit insect and animal damage without a negative environmental impact.” (Rutherford Wine Company) They do their best to healthy bio-diversity and are committed to aggressive energy and water conservation. They are proudly certified by the California Sustainable Winegrowing.
Disclaimer: Text and photos are copy rights reserved to Custom Trip and/or Rutherford Wine Company. We have published the story and used the photographs by obtaining permission from the wine cellar/maker. Any type (all inclusive) redistribution of the published information is subject to international copy rights laws and restrictions.